The sacral chakra is the second of the seven chakras. This chakra is associated with our emotional body and is the centre of creativity, emotions, sensuality. It supports personal development and how we relate to others in the world.
The energy of the sacral chakra comes from the element of water and its energy is influenced by flow and adaptability. When the Root chakra is in balance it is easier to find balance in the sacral chakra.
The sacral chakra in Sanskrit is known as Svadhisthana meaning ‘sweetness’.
Sacral chakra location: The sacral chakra is located 2.5 to 5cm (one to two inches) below the naval
Body parts effected: Reproductive organs, urinary bladder, small and large intestines, appendix and lumbar vertebrae
Balanced characteristics of the sacral chakra
- Feeling energised and confident
- Having creative energy
- Sound emotional intelligence
- Healthy expressions of sexuality and sensual pleasure
Imbalanced sacral chakra and its effects
When the sacral chakra is blocked or out of balance you may experience:
- Unhealthy dependency on others
- Feelinging out of touch with how you feel
- Sexual anxiety or lack of sexual satisfaction
- Unable to move on from a feeling or mood
Balancing & opening the sacral chakra
There are many ways to open your sacral chakra including creative activities especially those with a flowing nature. For example:
- Listening to music that flows
- Engaging in creative activities such as painting, cooking or mandala colouring
- Resolving sexual insecurities through communication and counselling
- Dancing freestyle to flowing music
- Yoga including forward bends and hip openers combined with vinyasa flow are especially helpful in restoring balance in the sacral chakra.
To balance this chakra, use pure essential oils such as Bergamot, Cardomon, Clary Sage, Neroli, Patchouli, Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang as they are sensual and warming in nature. .
- Apply these oils using Aromacare’s Positivity Chakra Aroma Roll On to the sacrum and naval; or
- Place 6 drops of Aromacare’s Positivity Essential Oil Blend in an aroma diffuser
- As my emotions change my mind flows with awareness to my feelings.
- I release compulsive urges that do not serve me
- I’m at ease in my body and feel good about my sexuality
- I’m worthy of love from self and others
Music for the sacral chakra:
Chanting or flowing sounds help balance the sacral chakra. The mantra sound that corresponds with the sacral chakra is VAM. Chanting the sound of VAM will help to open and strengthen this chakra.
Colours and gemstones such as citrine, carnelian or orange topaz are also believed to bring the sacral chakra into balance.
- Aromatherapy Accessories
- Aromatherapy Diffusers
- Aromatherapy Kits
- Aromatherapy Oil Blends
- Aromatherapy Oils
- Aromatherapy Services
- Aromatic Sprays
- Body Moisturisers
- Body Washes
- Chakra Aromatherapy Oils
- Face Creams
- Gift Vouchers
- Massage & Body Oils
- Massage Balms
- Pet Conditioners
- Pet Shampoos