The heart chakra is the fourth of seven chakras. Located at the centre of the 7 main chakras it connects the lower earth chakras with the upper spiritual chakras. This chakra is the centre of love and compassion and is spiritually associated with “oneness”. This chakra corresponds with the air element and is particularly associated with the movement of breath. With balance in the lower chakras we can find balance in the heart chakra more easily.
The heart chakra in sanskrit is known as Anahata which means which means ‘Unstruck’ or ‘unhurt’.
Heart chakra location: At the centre of the chest at heart level.
Body parts effected: The heart chakra corresponds with the respiratory system, heart and diaphragm. The gland associated with the heart chakra is the thymus gland which has an important role in the immune system.
Balanced characteristics of the heart chakra
- Unconditional love for self and others
- See everything and everyone as our teacher. Our challenges are our lessons.
- Able to forgive and live harmoniously
- Healthy immune system
- Having healthy relationships
- Compassion and acceptance of all that is
Imbalanced heart chakra and its effects
When the heart chakra is blocked or out of balance you may experience:
- Problems associated with the heart
- Loneliness, antisocial behaviour, isolation and feelings of hatred
- Feelings of being disconnected
- Difficulties with forgiving
- Jealousy and fear of intimacy
Balancing & opening the heart chakra
By strengthening this chakra you will be able to enhance your emotional development and recognise the potency of what we call love. There are many ways to strengthen and balance your heart chakra including:
- Giving love to receive love. Try smiling at everyone you see daily, it’s contagious!
- Make peace with the past and use your memories as lessons. Forgive and move on.
- Give friends and family compliments, tell them why they are important to you.
- Practice daily gratitude. Be thankful for your family, pets, the meal on your table and even the roof over your head.
- Tame the inner critic by using positive affirmations
Pure essential oils such as Frankincense, Geranium, Melissa, Neroli, Rose, Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang help to balance this chakra as they promote feelings of comfort, nurturing and love.
- Apply these oils using Aromacares Deep Connection Chakra Roll-On (diluted in Jojoba oil) to the chest area and bottom of feet or;
- Place 6 drops of Aromacares Deep Connection Essential Oil blend into an aroma diffuser.
Yoga that incorporates back bending asana and the yoga breathing technique of ujjayi pranayama is of most benefit to opening and awakening the heart chakra.
- I have compassion for myself and all other beings
- I love myself for who I am and all that is within me
- I give and receive love effortlessly and unconditionally
- I’m grateful for all life challenges that helped me transform. I am peaceful.
Music for the heart chakra:
The sounds of nature can balance the heart chakra. The mantra sound that corresponds with the heart chakra is YAM. Chanting the sound of YAM will help to open and strengthen this chakra.
Colors and gemstones such as emeralds, green aventurine, jade and rose quartz are believed to assist the Heart Chakra into balance.
- Unknown Type
- Aromatherapy Accessories
- Aromatherapy Diffusers
- Aromatherapy Kits
- Aromatherapy Oil Blends
- Aromatherapy Oils
- Aromatherapy Services
- Aromatic Sprays
- Body Moisturisers
- Body Washes
- Carton Buy
- Chakra Aromatherapy Oils
- Face Creams
- Gift Vouchers
- Massage & Body Oils
- Massage Balms
- Pet Conditioners
- Pet Shampoos