The Solar plexus chakra is the third of seven chakras. This chakra is the centre of personal power, expression of will, and personal responsibility.
The energy of the solar plexus chakra comes from the element of fire and is associated with comfort, warmth and the generation of energy to propel and move forward, which is why it is thought of as the “power chakra”. This chakra covers a wide range of emotional reactions including fear. When the root and sacral chakras are in balance it is easier to find balance in the solar plexus chakra.
The solar plexus chakra in Sanskrit is known as Manipura which means ‘lustrous gem’.
Solar plexus chakra Location: The solar plexus chakra is located below the sternum and behind the stomach
Body parts effected: The digestive system, pancreas and adrenal glands. This chakra also governs metabolism.
Balanced characteristics of the solar plexus chakra
- The expression of willpower
- A warm personality
- A mind that systemises everything
- Self-Motivated and able to meet challenges
- Creating ideas and planning them into reality
- A balanced ego
Imbalanced solar plexus chakra and its effects
When the solar plexus chakra is blocked or out of balance you may experience:
- Lack of control
- Comparing self to others in a competitive way
- Aggressive behaviour
- Issues of trust and self esteem
- Having many ideas without being able to bring them to reality
Balancing & opening the solar plexus chakra
By strengthening this chakra you will be able to act independently and create your own individual style. There are many ways to strengthen and balance your solar plexus chakra, for example:
- Nutritional and Digital Detox, removing electronic devices for a period of time.
- Taking a short walk out in the sun or sitting by a campfire or fireplace to instil warmth and calm the mind.
- Meditate outside facing the sun as it rises visualising a yellow lotus flower over your solar plexus
- Yoga that concentrates on core awakening, bringing heat to the area of the solar plexus is especially helpful in stimulating a sluggish third chakra.
Pure essential oils such as Chamomile, Cypress, Geranium, Juniper, Lemon, Rosemary & Sandalwood help to balance this chakra as they are known to build confidence and reduce negative mind chatter.
- Apply these oils using Aromacare’s Confidence Chakra Aroma Roll On(diluted in Jojoba oil) to the solar plexus area and bottom of feet Or;
- Place 6 drops of Aromacare’s Confidence Essential Oil blend into an aroma diffuser.
- I release my competitive nature and judgments that drain my energy
- I choose to live in the here and now
- I value myself as I am
- I’m my own unique person and control the way I think and behave
Music for the solar plexus chakra:
Mentally stimulating sounds balance the solar plexus chakra. The mantra sound that corresponds with the solar plexus chakra is RAM. Chanting the sound of Ram will help to open and strengthen this chakra.
Colors and gemstones such as Topaz, Citrine, yellow zircon and amber are believed to bring the Solar Plexus Chakra into balance.
Solar Plexus Chakra
- Unknown Type
- Aromatherapy Accessories
- Aromatherapy Diffusers
- Aromatherapy Kits
- Aromatherapy Oil Blends
- Aromatherapy Oils
- Aromatherapy Services
- Aromatic Sprays
- Body Moisturisers
- Body Washes
- Chakra Aromatherapy Oils
- Face Creams
- Gift Vouchers
- Massage & Body Oils
- Massage Balms
- Pet Conditioners
- Pet Shampoos