The crown chakra is the seventh chakra and is located at the top of the head. The crown chakra is known to give us access to higher states of consciousness and is the centre of spirituality.
The crown chakra in Sanskrit is known as “Sahasrara” which means thousand petals. The number one thousand signifies the infinite beyond the elements and is known as the seat of the soul. Once all other chakras are mastered a sense of integration, overall wellness, and balance is achieved, paving the way to enlightenment, self-realisation and fulfilment.
Color: Violet- white
Crown Chakra Location: Crown of the head radiating upwards
Body parts effected: The crown chakra corresponds with the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland is known as the master gland as it regulates the hormones of the other endocrine glands. Because of the location it also strongly corresponds with the brain and the nervous system.
Balanced characteristics of the crown chakra
- Being aware of a higher consciousness
- Is aware, has an open mind whilst having the ability to question
- Becoming one with all that is
- Balance of mind, body and spirit
- Being at peace in the world
Imbalanced crown chakra and its effects
When the crown chakra is blocked or out of balance you may experience:
- Dwelling in your ego
- Having spiritual cynicism
- Feeling of being disconnected with all that is
- Being closed minded, having rigid beliefs.
Balancing & opening the crown chakra
By mastering this chakra you will be able to access clarity. You will become one with all things, the ego has fallen away and you will experience enlightenment. It is important to note, before attempting to balance the crown chakra you must provide yourself with a good grounding in the lower 6 chakras. Work from the root to the crown chakra to help stimulate and have a positive flow of energy.
Activities that strengthen the Crown Chakra include:
- Get away from technology. Take yourself out to nature, sit in a comfortable position with your eyes closed and be open to hear the sounds around you.
- Get in touch with your dreams by keeping a journal
- Focusing on all aspects of yoga will help to balance and strengthen this chakra. Combining a disciplined daily practice of yogic breathing techniques, meditation, yoga postures and chanting will strengthen the crown chakra.
To balance this chakra use Pure essential oils such as Pure Frankincense, Myrrh, Neroli, Rose, Spikenard, Sandalwood and Vetiver. These oils are known to encourage deeper focus, meditation and a higher consciousness.
- Apply these oils using Aromacares Vision Chakra Roll On (diluted in Jojoba oil) to the temples Or;
- Place 6 drops of Aromacares Vision essential oil blend to an aromatic diffuser.
- Life will bring me many lessons and wonders today
- I connect my spirit with all that is
- I’m centred and aware, I am mindful
- I release all ambitions and desires, I surrender to my spiritual will
Music for the crown chakra:
Silence is the key sound to the crown chakra. Withdraw the senses and seek what is within. The best mantra that resonates with the Crown chakra is OM. Chanting the sound of OM will help to open and strengthen this chakra.
Colors and gemstones such as Moonstone & Amethyst are also believed to assist in bringing the Crown Chakra into balance.