The third eye chakra is the sixth of seven chakras. This chakra is the centre of intuition and symbolises the intelligence and wisdom that brings all of the other chakras to life and balance. It is here that the conditions of this life come fully into consciousness.
The third eye chakra is associated with the element of light and develops with meditation. Those who are advanced in this chakra have the ability to see within, to an aspect of consciousness that is often blurred or bewildering to the majority of us. Bringing awareness to the third eye requires a different way of seeing. When the mind is focused and we turn inwards, we are able to see past the distractions of life. We have more insight to live according to our greater good.
The third eye chakra in Sanskrit is known as as Anja means which means ‘Perception’. Also known as your 6th sense or brow chakra.
Third eye chakra location: Located on the forehead between the eyebrows
Body parts effected: The third eye chakra corresponds with the pineal gland which is responsible for producing melatonin. Melatonin helps maintain our circadian rhythm and helps regulate reproductive hormones.
Balanced characteristics of the third eye chakra
- Having clear vision and intuition
- Ability to sense and see movements of energy
- Heightened psychic abilities
- Inspires and motivates
- Able to remember dreams
Imbalanced Third eye chakra and its effects
When the third eye chakra is blocked or out of balance you may experience:
- Difficulty concentrating & visualising personal goals
- Lack of imagination and rejection of anything spiritual or beyond the “usual”
- Feelings of separation or fogginess
Balancing & opening the third eye chakra
By strengthening this chakra you will enhance your visualisation skills and ability to see your connection to all things. When advanced you will see the world and its activities without judgement and attachment to the outcome.
There are many ways to strengthen your third eye chakra including:
- Mindful even breath can cleanse and open the third eye chakra. Other yogic techniques of breathing such as nadi shodhana (alternate nostril breathing) can bring energetic balance by clearing blockages and equalising breath through both nostrils.
- Meditation will help you develop the third eye chakra and its characteristics
- Yoga that concentrates on meditation and breathing techniques will contribute to awakening intuitive awareness. The best third eye chakra asanas are those that help connect with ourselves.
To balance this chakra use pure essential oils such as Pure Angelica, Bay Laurel, Clary Sage, Cypress, Juniper, Sweet Marjoram and Sandalwood. These oils promote users to open the mind to intuitive thought, enhance concentration and clear thinking.
- Apply these oils using Aromacare’s Intuition Chakra Aroma Roll on (diluted in Jojoba oil) to the temples or;
- Place 6 drops of Aromacares Intuition essential oil blend to an aroma diffuser.
- I release the build-up of the past and clear away the fogginess. I have a clear mind.
- I trust my intuition to guide and protect me.
- I see divine light in all that is.
- I am the source in creating my life the way I would like it to be.
- I am spirtually awake
Sounds for the third eye chakra:
The mantra sound that corresponds with the third eye chakra is OM. Chanting the sound of OM will help to open and strengthen this chakra.
Colors and gemstones such as amethyst, purple chariot and lapis lazuli are also believed to assist in bringing the third eye chakra into balance.
Third Eye Chakra
- Unknown Type
- Aromatherapy Accessories
- Aromatherapy Diffusers
- Aromatherapy Kits
- Aromatherapy Oil Blends
- Aromatherapy Oils
- Aromatherapy Services
- Aromatic Sprays
- Body Moisturisers
- Body Washes
- Carton Buy
- Chakra Aromatherapy Oils
- Face Creams
- Gift Vouchers
- Massage & Body Oils
- Massage Balms
- Pet Conditioners
- Pet Shampoos